What to Wear?
Calgary Christian Secondary School aims to create an environment that is conducive to a place of learning and a place of work. Students are expected to be thoughtful and respectful in how they dress and behave within this context. Dress should be modest, appropriate for the school setting, and conducive to a safe environment.
Staff and students came together and formed the following understanding:
- Clothes should be made of opaque fabric, not transparent and must not reveal visible undergarments (visible straps are allowed)
- Shorts/skirts/dresses need to fully cover underwear and buttocks
- Pants should not be worn so low at the waist that undergarments are visible
- No low cut tops or muscle shirts
- Shirts/tops need to be long enough to cover midriffs (front, back, and sides)
- Faces and ears need to be visible within the classroom (ie. Hoodie sweatshirts, hats, bandanas)
- Ripped jeans are permitted, as long as underwear and buttocks are not exposed
- Footwear should be safe and appropriate
- Messages on clothing should not display any words or symbols that depict discrimination, hate, violence, profanity, and inappropriate or restricted substances