Director of Finance opportunity, March 27, 2018 - CSCE Job Posting, Director of Finance
Board Highlights March 2018
Monday, March 19, 2018
Meeting was called to order by the Chair and opened with devotions and prayer.
Minutes of the February 26 meeting were approved.
Reports were received from Committees, and Executive Director
- The Director of Learning from Palliser presented the foundational principles of the HS Redesign with specific focus on the Dual Credit Program for 2018-19 in collaboration with SAIT and Ambrose University.
- The Accessibility Fund reported that to date we have received pledges of $45,000 towards project costs budgeted at $150,000. Donations are being accepted through our website of by calling or stopping by the Business Office.
Items for future agendas were discussed and prioritized.
Next Meeting Date April 23, 2018 —7:00 in the LINC
Society Board members are elected individuals who are passionate and skilled to provide leadership and see that the mission and vision of Calgary Christian School is realized. Our current Board Members are:
- Bill Lindemulder, Chair
- Russell VanderVeen, Vice Chair
- Peter Buwalda, Treasurer
- Gord VanVliet, Secretary
- Carmen Souster, Director
- Vern Malcolm, Director
- Jessica Cheesman, Director
- Iris Charabin, Director
- Harry Nutma, Director
You may contact the Board by email: CSCE Board
Calgary Christian School is a faith-based Alternative Program within the Palliser School Division, in partnership with the Calgary Society for Christian Education (CSCE).
Each family with a child enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12 must maintain a membership in the Society. The Society has an elected Board of Directors as well as Society Staff that work together to direct the operational aspects of the school.
The Society holds, at a minimum, two annual meetings for members and supporters. There are voluntary advisory councils comprised of parents, staff and supporting members to offer support and information on educational, operational, financial and community relations matters.
This governance model provides parents and supporters the opportunity to actively participate in providing quality Christian education for the students at CCS.
There are a number of society staff employed by the CSCE to provide on-site support for the responsibilities of the society.
- DeWyn, Ken: Executive Director
- Brouwer, Corrin: Events
- Dees, Karen: Alumni Coordinator
- Dube, Tanya: Executive Assistant for Development
- Schaap, Leona: Marketing and Communications
- McAuley, Teena: Admissions Coordinator
- Kilbreath, Layne: Director of Faith Formation
- Dees, Ron: Master Electrician
- Ermter, Keith: Mechanical Maintenance Assistant
- Sawy, Paul: Custodian (Secondary Campus)
- Zwart, Arnold: Director of Maintenance
PRESCHOOL (Learning Adventures)
- Ohman, Susan: Preschool Director