Partners in Learning information can be found here.
BOARD HIGHLIGHTS, Monday, October 23, 2017
Meeting was called to order by the Chair.
Jessica Cheesman, director, opened the session with devotions and prayer.
Minutes of the September 18, 2017 meeting were approved with minor correction.
Directors received reports on the progress made according to the Strategic Plan, including survey preparation for the branding exercise (November 1-17) , and the call for submissions supporting Partners in Learning during experience blocks at the secondary school (November 20-22). A budget review indicated that CCS is on target with revenues and expenses for the current year.
During the course of its meeting, the Board approved the following:
- To restrict a portion of the anticipated operating surplus to capital projects approved in fiscal year 2017 but not yet completed; and second, to allocate any remaining portions thereafter to the newly established facilities fund.
- To recommend that Iris Charabin be presented via ballot to the society on November 14 for election as a director for a term of three years. This addresses a vacancy caused by the resignation of a recently elected director who had moved.
- To review the proposed 10-year capital and facilities plan at the December board meeting.
Items for future agendas were discussed and prioritized.
Next Meeting Date—December 18, 2017—7:00 in the LINC
Society Board members are elected individuals who are passionate and skilled to provide leadership and see that the mission and vision of Calgary Christian School is realized. Our current Board Members are:
- Bill Lindemulder, Chair
- Russell VanderVeen, Vice Chair
- Peter Buwalda, Treasurer
- Gord VanVliet, Secretary
- Carmen Souster, Director
- Vern Malcolm, Director
- Jessica Cheesman, Director
- Anna Noga, Director
- Harry Nutma, Director
You may contact the Board by email: CSCE Board
Calgary Christian School is a faith-based Alternative Program within the Palliser School Division, in partnership with the Calgary Society for Christian Education (CSCE).
Each family with a child enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12 must maintain a membership in the Society. The Society has an elected Board of Directors as well as Society Staff that work together to direct the operational aspects of the school.
The Society holds, at a minimum, two annual meetings for members and supporters. There are voluntary advisory councils comprised of parents, staff and supporting members to offer support and information on educational, operational, financial and community relations matters.
This governance model provides parents and supporters the opportunity to actively participate in providing quality Christian education for the students at CCS.
There are a number of society staff employed by the CSCE to provide on-site support for the responsibilities of the society.
- DeWyn, Ken: Executive Director
- Brouwer, Corrin: Events
- Dees, Karen: Alumni Coordinator
- Dube, Tanya: Executive Assistant for Development
- Schaap, Leona: Marketing and Communications
- McAuley, Teena: Admissions Coordinator
- Kilbreath, Layne: Director of Faith Formation
- Dees, Ron: Master Electrician
- Ermter, Keith: Mechanical Maintenance Assistant
- Sawy, Paul: Custodian (Secondary Campus)
- Zwart, Arnold: Director of Maintenance
PRESCHOOL (Learning Adventures)
- Ohman, Susan: Preschool Director