Monday, April 23, 2018
Meeting was called to order by the Chair and opened with devotions and prayer.
Minutes of the March 19 meeting were approved.
The Board reviewed and approved the following:
- The 2018-2019 budget, including a mandate to continue to find cost savings through the year.
- The 2018-2019 Christian Program and Busing Fees.
- The brand story, values, logo, and tagline developed with Identicor for Calgary Christian School.
The Board discussed the Nominating Committee’s recommended slate of 6 director candidates.
The Board set the Agenda for the Society’s Annual General Meeting being held on May 15, 2018 @ 7pm in the Secondary Gym. Business to be conducted at the AGM includes a vote for 3 new Board Members and the unveiling of the new CCS Brand Identity.
Next Meeting Date: June 18, 2018 —7:00 in the LINC
Society Board members are elected individuals who are passionate and skilled to provide leadership and see that the mission and vision of Calgary Christian School is realized. Our current Board Members are:
- Bill Lindemulder, Chair
- Russell VanderVeen, Vice Chair
- Peter Buwalda, Treasurer
- Gord VanVliet, Secretary
- Carmen Souster, Director
- Vern Malcolm, Director
- Jessica Cheesman, Director
- Iris Charabin, Director
- Harry Nutma, Director
You may contact the Board by email: CSCE Board
Calgary Christian School is a faith-based Alternative Program within the Palliser School Division, in partnership with the Calgary Society for Christian Education (CSCE).
Each family with a child enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12 must maintain a membership in the Society. The Society has an elected Board of Directors as well as Society Staff that work together to direct the operational aspects of the school.
The Society holds, at a minimum, two annual meetings for members and supporters. There are voluntary advisory councils comprised of parents, staff and supporting members to offer support and information on educational, operational, financial and community relations matters.
This governance model provides parents and supporters the opportunity to actively participate in providing quality Christian education for the students at CCS.
There are a number of society staff employed by the CSCE to provide on-site support for the responsibilities of the society.
- DeWyn, Ken: Executive Director
- Brouwer, Corrin: Events
- Dees, Karen: Alumni Coordinator
- Dube, Tanya: Executive Assistant for Development
- Schaap, Leona: Marketing and Communications
- McAuley, Teena: Admissions Coordinator
- Kilbreath, Layne: Director of Faith Formation
- Dees, Ron: Master Electrician
- Ermter, Keith: Mechanical Maintenance Assistant
- Sawy, Paul: Custodian (Secondary Campus)
- Zwart, Arnold: Director of Maintenance
PRESCHOOL (Learning Adventures)
- Ohman, Susan: Preschool Director