Join our team with our preschool! Click on the link below for details.
Calgary Christian School is a faith-based Alternative Program within the Palliser School Division, in partnership with the Calgary Society for Christian Education (CSCE).
Each family with a child enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12 must maintain a membership in the Society. The Society has an elected Board of Directors as well as Society Staff that work together to direct the operational aspects of the school.
The Society holds, at a minimum, two annual meetings for members and supporters. There are voluntary advisory councils comprised of parents, staff and supporting members to offer support and information on educational, operational, financial and community relations matters.
This governance model provides parents and supporters the opportunity to actively participate in providing quality Christian education for the students at CCS.
Society Board members are elected individuals who are passionate and skilled to provide leadership and see that the mission and vision of Calgary Christian School is realized. Our current Board Members are:
- Bill Lindemulder, Chair
- Russell VanderVeen, Vice Chair
- Peter Buwalda, Treasurer
- Gord VanVliet, Secretary
- Carmen Souster, Director
- Vern Malcolm, Director
- Jessica Cheesman, Director
- Anna Noga, Director
- Harry Nutma, Director
You may contact the Board by email: CSCE Board
There are a number of society staff employed by the CSCE to provide on-site support for the responsibilities of the society.
- DeWyn, Ken: Executive Director
- Brouwer, Corrin: Development Coordinator
- Dees, Karen: Alumni Coordinator
- Dube, Tanya: Resource Development and Data Manager
- Schaap, Leona: Communications Coordinator
- McAuley, Teena: Admissions Coordinator
- Kilbreath, Layne: Director of Faith Formation
- Dees, Ron: Master Electrician
- Ermter, Keith: Mechanical Maintenance Assistant
- Sawy, Paul: Custodian (Secondary Campus)
- Stephens, Rich: Chief Engineer
- Zwart, Arnold: Director of Maintenance
PRESCHOOL (Learning Adventures)
- Ohman, Susan: Preschool Director