More Graduation information can be found on Ms. Simmonds webpage
Graduates and Parents
May 10, 2017
This is an exciting year for your family – Grade 12 graduation. Congratulations on this important milestone! Planning is well underway and we wanted to continue to share with you as much information as possible as it is helpful for planning and budgeting. Your staff contact for grad-related questions is Mrs. Simmonds.
Graduation 2017 Information
Graduation will take place Thursday June 29th 2017 starting at 4pm at Bethany Chapel (3333 Richardson Way SW). The student planning committee has decided to not print keepsake invitations; there will be an email invitation sent instead.
- Grads MUST attend the graduation ceremony rehearsal: 2pm, Wednesday June 28th 2017,at Bethany Chapel. The rehearsal will take approximately 1 hour.
- There is no cost to attend the graduation ceremony. You can invite as many guests as you like to the graduation ceremony.
- Graduates normally arrive at the ceremony dressed in their grad dress/suit/tuxedo. Graduates will then be required to put on the CCS graduation gown and stole (both are to be returned following the ceremony).
- Graduating students are expected to be at the church by 3:30pm.
- Doors to the church sanctuary will open for guests at 3:45pm. Seating is first-come-first serve; pews are reserved for graduates and CCS staff.
- The Graduation Ceremony is will be from 4-5:30pm (approx.)
- NOTE for 2017: Due to the later graduation ceremony start which is a result of a Physics Diploma Exam that morning; there will be not be coffee/punch/cake reception in the gym at Bethany Chapel following the graduation ceremonies.
- Reservations are required for the graduation banquet held at the Markin MacPhail Centre at Canada Olympic Park (88 Canada Olympic Park Rd SW).
- Each graduate is given a banquet seat (already paid for); in addition, graduates will be able to purchase a maximum of 4 additional seats (so that is 5 seats in total for each family) at the cost of $80 per person. Families may request additional seats but those will be purchased at a later date.
- The ticket limit is at the request of the banquet venue staff and reflects their desire to fill entire tables. Tables hold a maximum of 10 people: families may request another family to share a table with or to be seated next to when making your payment. A seating chart will be posted at the banquet & on Mrs. Simmonds's website.
- Note for 2017: You can now pay for the cost of the Banquet at any time in our Business Office, effective immediately. If it is more convenient, you can pay a portionof the cost and pay the remainder due at a later date. We accept cash, cheque or credit card. The deadline to pay for the banquet is Friday, June 2, 2017.
- If space is available at their tables, graduates may purchase additional seats between Monday June 5th and Friday June 9th – NO EXCEPTIONS and can be purchased at the front office. NO seats will be sold after June 9th 2017 for any reason!
- Special dietary concerns/requests should be indicated at the time banquet seats are purchased.
- Banquet room doors will open at 6:30pmand punch will be served until 7:00pm, supper will be served immediately after that. Please be on time! There is plenty of free parking available at the venue.
- Dinner will be followed by a short program that typically includes speeches, presentations and slide show. The dance begins at the conclusion of the program. Parents/guests are encouraged to stay for the first 2 songs because they are designated as father-daughter and mother-son dances.
- There will be a photo booth at the venue for graduates and their families to enjoy. There is no cost for this. The school society has made this possible, please remember to thank them!
- The student planning committee wishes to include a baby photo of each graduate in a slide show at the banquet. Parents can bring a baby photo to senior project night to give to Mrs. Simmonds (photo will be returned at the banquet). This photo could also be emailed to Mrs. Simmonds (mailto:email@example.com) Deadline for submitting this photo is the last day of classes Friday June 16th 2017.
- Although a number of students may have reached the age of 18 by graduation time, there will be no tolerance for alcohol at the graduation banquet and dance.
- Any after-grad celebrations are NOT an official part of the CCS graduation. This activity would be organized and run by a group of students and their parents. CCS staff is not permitted to assist with this activity in any way.
Other Things to Note:
Ø Grade 12’s are asked to complete this Palliser Grade 12 Survey
Ø All graduates need to fill out and return the graduate information sheet to Mrs. Simmonds by Friday May 19th 2017 (Senior Project due date). If they have lost this form it is available on Mrs. Simmonds website or from the LINC
Ø Plan on attending the Fine Arts/Senior Project Presentation Evening on Monday May 23 from 5:30 – 8 pm.
Ø The CCS Awards Chapel is June 2nd 2017 at the Emmanuel Christian Reformed Church @9am immediately following the Stampede breakfast
Ø If graduates have questions about university/college, scholarships, etc, they should contact Mrs. Foster at 403-771-4391 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applying for the CCS scholarships is May 15th 2017. See Mrs. Foster (or email her) if you have questions about this.
Ø Graduates and/or their parents can read about all things related to graduation by going to Mrs. Simmonds's website and clicking on the Graduation tab. Any and all handouts given to graduates regarding graduation and senior project can be found here as well
Ø The student grad planning committee is preparing a slide show for graduation. Please submit photos you have from K-grade 12 (school events, sports, field trips, etc) to: email@example.com